A Pay Per Head solution that fits the size of your business
Online sportsbooks come in all shapes and sizes and it matters not how many players you have, what matters is are you serving their needs? In today’s world, it’s vital that you know your audience. You must be all things to all people, all of the time. It’s extremely easy to mouse up to the x in the corner and look for a new bookie. Don’t be a victim of the mouse. We know what you need to operate a successful online sportsbook in today’s competitive and wild world of the ever-changing rules for the bookie. We know the facts because we have been there, we have been bookies and gamblers, we understand both sides and we want to share with you the 5 facts you should know about being a bookie.
- Have an online presence: Without an online presence, you may as well pack it up and go home. This is not flair for the dramatic, it’s the truth. You must take your bookie business online if you want to grow. Even if you don’t want to grow (and that’s possible) many bookies are happy with a few clients as long as they are turning a profit. We get that and this is why we bring you five laws to live by. The point is, if you want to keep your existing clients, then you had better make it easy for them to bet anytime they choose. With an online sportsbook, they can do just that, they can bet anytime, day or night and you have to do nothing!
- Offer competitive lines and odds: There is no exception to this rule, it’s hard and fast for one reason; players will ditch you in a heartbeat if your lines are not on par. They want and demand the best for every dollar they spend and if they can’t get the best lines with you, they will find another online bookie in less than 2-minutes. We simply cannot overemphasize the importance of sharp lines. Number one, it helps you, number two it’s a psychological phenomenon with bettors. If they think they are getting the best lines, then they think they can beat you. You want them thinking they can beat you. If they don’t think they can beat you, they are gone, off to a new book they can beat.
- Offer an extensive wagering menu: You may think that you are too small to be offering what the “big boys” offer, forget that. You are never too small to offer quality and you better be offering a high-quality wagering menu. You must offer all of the major US Sports along with international soccer, boxing, MMA, Golf, Tennis NASCAR, Rugby, and beyond. Now that you are offering these sports, you must offer a great wagering menu to go along with it. Offer all the great ways in which they think they can beat you, such as teasers, super teasers, reverse action, prop wagers and much more. Offer it all, they will play, and they will put money in your pocket.
- Honesty: You will not survive for 5-minutes if you are dishonest. You must be upfront with all of your rules, and rollovers if offering a bonus. Tell your clients from the beginning what you expect from them to be payout eligible. When they are eligible for a payout—pay it out and on time. Dishonest bookies are broke bookies. Never compromise your honesty. If you should get hit for a very large bet, and can’t afford to payout, tell them it’s a lot to pay at one shot and ask them if you can make monthly payments, 9 out of 10 times you just won a client for life. Be honest.
- Find a pay per head and let them manage your sportsbook: 3 of the 4 facts above, cannot be accomplished without the use of a pay per head. You can be honest in any situation, that’s a matter of good character. If you want to get online and have a website that puts you on stage and be all things to all of your players, then you must sign-up with a pay per head. Find the best PPH provider online and use their free trial. Why not give it a shot? A1PPHcharges $7 per head and that’s a bargain. Find a great PPH today, you will be glad you did.
More Pay Per Head tips: